June 12, 2009

Flashback Friday


I asked Jasper to draw a picture of Jackson last Sunday, while he was bored to death at church. This is what he came up with.


I see the resemblance, especially in the binky!


His love for drawing reminds me of myself when I was about his age. However I was not nearly as talented as him and my drawings were always limited to girls. Girl faces, especially side profiles. Girls with pretty hair, girls in pretty dresses. That was what I would do for hours on end.

I found some of my work in my old journal.

This entry was about my sister Staci in 1990 when I was about 12.


I don't know why I drew a picture of this girl picking her nose. But that is one long finger!


This one and the one above were in 1989. I love the word bubbles I have for my sisters Heather and Becky. Heather is saying "Don't breathe on me!" and Becky says "Pig."

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Heather said...

I used to draw girls' heads also - doodled them all through my school notebooks. Who knows why. Don't breathe on me!

Jentry said...

I always drew girls in pretty dresses. I'm glad I'm normal.

Becky said...

The drawing of you is innocent...you're not saying anything. You always were a perfect child (pig!).

The Rookie said...

I drew girls a lot too. I'm loving the ginormous Venus Fly Trap Claw Bangs (aka "The Wasatch Front") on you and your sisters in that last drawing. It makes the circa 1989 drawings all the more authentic!

Miss Stace said...

I always loved the side profile drawings.

alcorrea5 said...

Hilarious! Those are some big bangs but I won't mock 'cuz I sported that stylin' style....

Shelly said...

I think I've seen those drawings before. If not those exact ones, than some very similar girls. "Don't breathe on me!" Hilarious!!