June 30, 2008

Mismatched

While we were at church yesterday, I looked over at Dave and couldn't believe what I saw.

First, his suit buttons. I took his suit to the dry cleaners over a month ago, and while there the cleaners guy didn't want his buttons to fall off so he put those one plastic things through the button holes to keep them in place. You know, those plastic fastener things that connect a price tag to a shirt you want to buy? I don't know what they're called, but he used those to temporarily prevent his buttons from getting torn off while being dry cleaned.

Anyway, I looked over at him and he had two or three plastic fasteners in every single button of his suit, including the buttons on his coat sleeves, and the button on his pants above the zipper.

*Picture I borrowed from the Internet.

Then, I saw that he was wearing mismatched socks. Not only mismatched, but MINE. One of my brown and white striped socks (his suit is dark gray), and one of my pale purplish gray socks.

Ahh!

I felt bad, because obviously this means I am way behind with the laundry, especially with the sock laundry. And it also means that I need to remove the temporary plastic tags as soon as I get back from the cleaners, because David surely won't be removing them from his buttons on his own. He didn't even care - or know what they were.


It did give me a good laugh though, and I was alert through the rest of Sunday school.

:)

9 comments:

Becky said...

Hilarious! That made me laugh! Love it.

Miss Stace said...

hahaha that is hilarious!

Nancy said...

That is way too funny.....and so like a guy to not care about what they're wearing.

Maigen said...

MEN!

alcorrea5 said...

I am still laughing. Dave is so handsome that he looks like he cares about these details but it is such a shock when you realize that he doesn't! He-he-he!!!

Karen said...

Thank heaven he has you!

The Rookie said...

So you are carrying what will be the third child in the house? :)

Tina McKinnon said...

I don't see any problem! :>)

Brooke S. said...

ahhh sock stealers. Max is always stealing my socks when he thinks i'm not looking. It could be a laundry problem, it could also be that they are small and clean and white (and his are all stretched out and man-dirty at this point), but I think he's having identity issues. It'g good to know there are other sock stealers out there.