November 13, 2009

Basement remodel

At this very moment, three big guys are delivering drywall and stocking it directly in our basement. Then tomorrow my husband and I - and my sweet family will be hanging it. I feel like I could die right now of happiness. This basement project has taken so long. We've been doing it slowly, paying as we go. We need the space this basement will provide so badly. Once the sheetrock is hung - there is still so much to do, but the idea of seeing walls down there just gives me the biggest smile. Yipee! Go basement!

6 comments:

Kandice said...

Life with a basement is bliss . . . all the toys live there and I keep my sanity as long as the upstairs is always picked up! I am happy for you!!!!

Staci said...

YAYA!!! Relly it will go by a lot quicker after the drywall. That is a big step.

Marie said...

Congrats! Growing up my dad was the king of projects that took forever! I am excited for your project. Go basement!

Shelly said...

Good job! I'm so glad you have the beginnings of the end of your basement project. And you're not even selling your house (right?). We only do projects when we sell the house.

alcorrea5 said...

Yea!!! It's funny how happy walls make a person. Good job, you guys, I am very proud of you!!!

The Rookie said...

I am overjoyed at the progress of your house!

Also, I got your message on fb. I don't know when, but we totally need to re-vamp your blog!

What is your life looking like the week after Thanksgiving? (Because that's sort of where we're at right now--ah, busy-ness!)