November 20, 2009

Flashback Friday

The other day I was cleaning out a bin of stuff I'd saved ( I have way too many bins full of stuff).

I found a time capsule that I opened in 2001 - I made it in young women's (a class for the youth in my church) when I was 12 years old. At 12 I looked like the picture in this bookmark, also in the capsule.
click to enlarge
The capsule also held newspaper clippings from 1991 - during the Gulf War, a trophy I got at a piano recital, pictures, cassette tapes, and this letter to myself. I won't bore you with the whole letter so here are some fun excerpts :
click to enlarge
Yeah, I wasn't married in 2001.

click to enlarge

I loved the book Mrs. Mike. The picture I had in the capsule I previously featured here.

Going through the capsule and the rest of stuff in my bins was fun. Time sure goes by fast - just a few years ago Jasper looked like this:



7 comments:

alcorrea5 said...

Wow! What a fun peak at you only 18(?) years ago. Time does truly go fast. Where did you get those cute baby pics of Jasper? It's crazy to think how fast Jackson will grow in just 10 years.

Staci said...

hahaha aren't you GLAMOROUS! Thats hilarious.

The Rookie said...

You were rather glamorous, 'Chelle.

Tara Bennett said...

Jasper was such a glamorous little boy. (Just kidding). He was neat lookin'.

Kandice said...

not only are you glamorous, you are also MATURE! Heee heeee haaa haaa! You are so funny! love your guts!

The Ollies said...

I had that EXACT same hairdo in the 80s. It's rad.

Celeste M. Amazing said...

haha that was the funniest letter to yourself! Our handwriting was the same and LOVE how many questions you asked yourself. haha
Your hilarious Michelle.