January 29, 2010

Upholstery Class!

I've been wanting to take an upholstery class for a while now, and when I received our school district's Continuing Education course catalog I found what I was looking for.  A 10 week class every Wednesday for $75. I called my sisters and we're now done with our second class.

My first project is this sad rocking chair with tons of potential that I got at the D.I. when I was still pregnant with Jackson.

DSCN4543

Here it is pictured above in Jackson's "bedroom". Jackson has been living in our back room/dining room/baby room for a while now. The good news is the basement is thisclose to being finished (this close means we just went to Home Depot and bought all the doors. DOORS!) and then we'll have enough bedrooms for him to have an actual bedroom. Also, being in an open area like this has made him a great sleeper.

DSCN4572

Here is the chair, which I will from now on refer to as Gertie, in our classroom/dungeon.

DSCN4580 DSCN4588

 

0127102049-00 0127102050-00 0127102050-01

And here is Gertie dismantled.

 

Staci and Heather are in the class too!

DSCN4579

 

Can't wait to show you the finished product!

7 comments:

The Dummers said...

Good luck on the chair! Yea! Doors!!!

Marie said...

I cant wait to see the finished product!!! Really, I'm excited. I've never even heard of an upholstery class- it sounds like a lot of fun! Go girl!

Shelly said...

That's so cool! Have fun with Gertie! And have fun hanging all your doors!

Heather said...

Hi Gertie!

The Rookie said...

That Gertie is a beautiful girl! I can't wait to see her makeover!

And hurray for doors!

alcorrea5 said...

I will repeat all comments: cool about Gertie and I can't wait to see her make-over. And DOORS! yea for you guys!!! You guys have been in constant house make-over for the whole married life: roof, mud room and now a whole basement. I am amazed!!!

Miss Stace said...

That is the sickest picture i've ever seen of myself.