August 29, 2010

Olympic Camping - Part II




After camping our first night in Oregon, we drove all day the rest of the day and finally made it to our next destination. We met my sister Becky and her family out our reserved camp spot in Washington.

I've been to a lot of places, and Olympic National Park - especially on the peninsula - ranks as one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

The forest is beautiful and green and wet, and the ocean is awesome and breathtaking.

We stayed in Kalaloch from Tuesday night through Friday.

Jackson and his cousin Lindsay bonded instantly - she is about 9 months older than him.

Here they are eating fruit snacks of the forest floor. Like a good mother I took a picture before stopping them.


We had crafts! Staci and My mom found these cool wooden boxes from Hobby Lobby. Each kid decorated it then used it to store their treasures, i.e. crab heads, rocks, and dirt.




Here Jasper plays with Megan and Molly next to the Ocean.


And here my husband, Jasper and sisters attempt to kayak the ocean. It was pretty much impossible to get past the waves.


Here I am running from the waves.


4 comments:

The Dummers said...

Seriously, such an awesome trip! You're making me want to go there, myself!

Nancy said...

Yes...it was beautiful and so fun!

Shelly said...

That sounds so fun! Definitely a place we'll have to check out.

Alice said...

How fun, and it looks beautiful. One of my old roomies from college was camping with her family in Kalaloch the same week you were. Totally random huh?