March 8, 2011

My cuddly bear


Jackson is the sweetest baby and loves to cuddle. We just moved him into his "big boy" bed and he has been so brave and has slept there every night for about 2 weeks.

When I ask him what he dreamed about he always says "Jesus!" I don't know how true his answer is, but it is super cute and I love it.

He is far from perfect, however. Try to get this kid to try a sandwich, a piece of bread, or heaven forbid the toddler staple Macaroni and Cheese - and you'll want to pull your hair out.
Jackson and Jasper sharing headphones in the car

Lately he has shown a lot of interest in going potty. I have been kind of lazy about it, and haven't really taken his interest and started heavy duty potty training.

The other day he yelled to me "mommy I poo poo ing!" So I ran him upstairs and he finished his poo poo on the potty. He was so proud. "Mommy I did it!" so I ran to get him a new diaper and a treat.

When I came back I unfortunately found two fresh piles of poop on the carpet outside the bathroom. He was so proud. "Mommy I poopoo on da gwound!"

I almost lost it. No, I did lose it, I screamed and he cried and it was a mess (literally).

I think potty training is a little overrated anyway. I'd rather clean up a diaper than the carpet any day!

3 comments:

alcorrea5 said...

Ewwww!!! I am with the diaper-cleaning-thing-is-easier but I promise the effort is worth it because that is one less thing to have to clean once they get the groove.

alcorrea5 said...

Auriane says: Ha-ha-ha!!

The Dummers said...

I agree! If you wanted poo on the carpet, you'd have a dog, right? Haha! Such a sweet little guy!
Does Jasper's hat say, "Top Mushroom?"