March 7, 2011

One year old basement

I've had a basement now for one year! I had a whole "I love you basement" post written and ready to post, and then our water main broke and I got really angry and started to hate the basement.

It is all fixed now, so I can say again that I love the basement, but I am not looking forward to our next disaster, which will inevitably come.

That's what happens when you live in a 50+ year old home!

So, thank you David for my wonderful basement, my wonderful roof (which in May will have its 2 year anniversary!), and wonderful home. Hard to believe that just a little over a year ago Jackson was still sleeping in the dining room, and all our furniture and chaos was stuffed into the front room.

1 comment:

alcorrea5 said...

Happy basement (and roof) anniversary! I understand about there always being the next disaster but I hope it won't be as big and emergency-like. Luckily you have some great handy-men around to get the job done.