July 17, 2011

4th Amendment


Jasper recently got back from a 4 day camping trip with Grandpa McKinnon. He had a lot of fun, and when I asked him what was his favorite part of the trip, his answer was, of course "shooting guns."

My dad went with 3 of his friends, and those friends brought their kids or grand kids. They also brought lots of horses, and guns for shooting targets. David and I stayed home with Jackson.

I can't think of anything more fun for a 12 year old boy (besides Xbox of course)!

In preparation for the trip, Grandpa packed for days before, loading up the horse trailer and camper. He never packs light to camp.

A couple of days before the trip, we met at a restaurant to celebrate Grandpa's birthday, and we also brought Jasper's gun for him to pack up. In the parking lot we transferred the gun from our vehicle to his, and I explained to Jasper that we should probably wrap the gun up in a blanket and not just carry it out in plain sight in the middle of a parking lot.

Jasper: Why not?

Me: Because you can't just walk around with guns. Even if it has a lock on it and no bullets, and the safety is on.

Jasper: Why not?

Me: Because its scary and people get freaked.

Jasper: Well I'll just pull out my 4th amendment on them then!

Me: Smile



The 4th amendment guards against unreasonable searches and seizures.

Jasper meant the 2nd amendment, which protects the right for people to keep and bear arms.


But I thought it was pretty clever anyway!


Picture below is of Jasper a week before the trip, doing some practice riding.




5 comments:

The Dummers said...

Hehehehe! Gotta love that kid! I love it when he pulls something like that out and is super wrong! Cracks me up! Glad he had a fun trip, not that there was every any doubt what with the guns and all!

Michele said...

Maybe Jasper will grow up to be a debator. He just has to adjust his facts. I love it that his Grandpa was able to take him. I am glad they had a great time.

Becky said...

So fun!! and I wouldn't have know which amendment it was either.

alcorrea5 said...

I like your response to Jas's error: 'Smile'. These growing bodies have so much passion about right or wrong that they forget the facts are a tad important, too. Glad he could have such a fantastic time with his Grandpa! No better get-a-way for a 12 year old boy! Fun, fun, fun!!! Now, how's that little girl getting along? We are anxious to hear about her arrival! Love you guys!

Michele said...

What a fun trip! I love to see Jasper involved in such a great family.