September 9, 2011

Camera Shy

Baby Harper had a sweet photo shoot from  Camera Shy. I think she is adorable.




Some pregnancy stats!



Pregnancy weight gain with Jackson: 60 lbs
Pregnancy weight gain with Harper: 20 something lbs

Swelling in feet with Jackson: LOTS (think stay puft marshmallow man)
Swelling in feet with Harper: minimal

Ability to sleep while preg with Jackson: Lots of snoring, lots of bathroom trips, hard time breathing during most of my pregnancy

Ability to sleep while preg with Harper: Not an issue - no snoring, not as many bathroom trips, breathing only a minor issue

Overall - being pregnant with Harper was a cake walk compared to my first pregnancy.


Labor:

With both pregnancies I did not go into labor on my own. With Jackson I was induced 1 week late. With Harper induced 2 days late. Jackson's labor include 3 hours of pushing, a near c-section and a huge baby weighing 9 lbs 14 oz! With Harper I only had to push through 4 contractions - and she was teensy by comparison - 8 lbs 9 oz!

Conclusion:

Either baby girls are much easier for me, or it is all about the exercise. I ate the same type of foods with both pregnancies - but with Harper I continued to jog up until about 7 months along. It was not always fun, but I would say it was worth it!



4 comments:

Heather said...

So cute!!

The Dummers said...

I think she's adorable, too!

Karen said...

You just described almost perfectly the differences between my first two births/pregnancies. So interesting! She's so adorable. When are you bringing her to see us?

alcorrea5 said...

Sweet baby girl! I say more baby girls -- actually, I bet your first pregnancy was more difficult because he was your first. I subscribe to the wives' tale that after the first, it get easier.