February 1, 2012

New Years Goals

I know its February already, but I wasn't in the mood to have goals in January. So, here are my 2012 goals!

  • Keep on top of my laundry. I hate it so much, but it is never going away. Anyone have a good laundry routine that works for them, that they don't mind sharing? I'm thinking of having 2 set days a week that I wash and fold.
  • Keep my room clean. I can't expect my kids to do this, if I don't do it myself. Besides, I love my room when it is clean. If I can tackle the laundry, this will be easy. The only messy thing about my room is all the laundry I'm going to be putting away "later".
  • Try and get out of the house with the kiddos once a day or once every other day.
  • Blog at least once a week.
  • Cook more. I am planning on making a bunch of frozen meals, and I think this will help.
  • Try not to stress about things I have no control over.
  • Make sure my kids know how much I love them.
  • Better at daily scripture reading
  • Better at reading overall! I have a hard time picking up a book lately. I feel when I have a few moments to myself, I'd rather just veg out. Goal=less vegin, more readin.
  • Try and have a tidy house when I get to bed each night. It makes me so much happier in the morning. Key word=tidy. :)
  • Get back in shape.


These goals make me exhausted. But, I think they are good.



2 comments:

Jentry said...

Those are great goals. Over the past year I have been able to read a lot of books because I get them on CD from the library. I listen to them in the car, put them on my ipod when I exercise and have them playing when I'm cooking. They go really fast and some even do voices. It seems like when I read actual books I fall asleep really quickly, but being able to listen and do something else really helps me get more from the book. Happy new year!

The Dummers said...

Love the goals! For the laundry, try one load every day. Much easier to wash and fold just one load instead of 5 or 6. You do laundry every day, but it evens out I think.