March 11, 2008

Out of Ideas

Lately I haven't been able to think of anything good to blog about. Sometimes during the day I'll think of dumb things that really wouldn't be anything interesting, mostly stuff like:
  • The crossing guard who waves and smiles every single time I drive by her on my way to work. I know she's trying to be friendly, but it really bugs me. I try to avoid eye contact as she waves frantically, and pretend not to don't see her.

  • I'm sadly very excited for the new season of The Bachelor and The Hills.

  • How much I love popsicles lately.

  • How excited I am for spring and to plant a flower and vegetable garden.

  • I want to make my blog cute, but don't want to have to buy graphics or cute backgrounds. I only want the free stuff.

  • We have a leaky roof.

  • I almost always want to blog about the weird claimants I have to deal with every day, including the grown woman, who in response to a question I asked, folded her arms in a huff, scowled and stared until I had to ask "Does that mean yes or no?" (It meant no).


  • The above mentioned lady, kind of looked like this:




I'll spare you from these types of blog posts.

8 comments:

Becky said...

Those are actually funny! I want to plant a garden too but have no sunny areas in my yard. Sadness.
Love ya!

Becky said...

Oh yeah...
One time this guy was standing on the corner holding a sign that said "SMILE!" and he was waving to everyone. It bugged me bad and I refused to look at him. So then he came closer to my van (I was stopped at the red light) and was waving and waving and pointing to his sign. I refused to look. It was like a standoff....
I almost flipped him off.

Karen said...

I love any post ... anything at all! But I know how you feel. I'm always feeling like I only have boringness to offer. You're doing great and I've loved reading all of it.

I want to hear more about the newlywed life.

Alice said...

I am with you sista. Random little things come up for me too, none of which I feel like I could spew a whole post about. But I like this post. Sometimes this is exactly what you need.

The Rookie got me into the Bachelor a few seasons ago- embarrassing really.

There are a ton of "freebies" on several of the scrapbook sites to decorate your blog with. Is that where you have been looking? I am willing to share any of my stash too, let me know.

And as for your crazy clients, I totally want to write about mine everyday. You can't make up the weirdness out there. I find myself thinking, "You have got to be freakin' kidding me" several times a day.

Miss Stace said...

oh my dear, I'm just as excited to watch the cattyness of The Hills and The Bachelor. There has been no good reality drama on TV!!! I think you should write stuff about your claimants! They sound like freaks and people always like to hear about Freaks!!!!

Brooke S. said...

yes - long flowy skirts are exactly what I need, but I'm having trouble finding them. I even made Max come with me through "The Women's Dress Barn" last night in a desperate attempt. Any suggestions?

Brooke

Max said...

Ah, the bloggy malaise. Don't sweat it, you are posting way more than I am and your stories are actually compelling. Keep up the good work.

Max Stoneman

Jo said...

Michelle! You are too funny. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one sucked into the Hills. Somehow it's really good so far! Also CONGRATULATIONS on the pregnancy!