May 26, 2009

Kayak Trip

We took out the canoes and kayaks for a test run on Memorial Day. This means, it was just down the street from Grandma and Grandpa McKinnon's house in the Clinton pond. This is just a small pond down the road. It was a lot of fun.

My dad has been wanting to try a canoe or kayak out in this pond since they first made it a few years back. I was a little worried the smallness would make our outing less fun, but it really was just right. We all got to practice paddling and rowing without the fear of the big river - and the closeness of home if we fell in.

Here are a lot of pics.

Below, Jasper challenging the geese to a fight.

Grandpa McKinnon in the kayak.



Jasper and Dave


I'm a nerd.



And I'm still a nerd.



Little Jackson didn't get in the boats, but he had fun watching from the grass nearby.











Stace and Ree.

Jasper was an expert rower/paddler.



6 comments:

Shelly said...

I love that last picture of Jackson--he's so cute!!!

That pond wasn't even a twinkle in anyone's eye when I was living there. It's really pretty, though. I'm sure it's not the only thing that's changed around there.

Karen said...

That looks like such a fun day ... I LOVE the kayak ... so let me be the first to tell you that we spell it with a K around these parts. Kristi loved her kayak so much! Kristi ... with a K. :)

Mrs. Bennett said...

duh - thanks Karen (with a K).

alcorrea5 said...

Looks like a fun and sunny outing! I love that last picture of Jackson -- what a cutie!

Becky said...

Jackson! what a cutie!

The Rookie said...

Jackson looks like a cutie little G with that hat tilted.

And row, row, row your boat! You look like a pro! I've only been (sea) kayaking once when I lived in Alaska. Yes, I did dump myself in the Gulf of Alaska.