August 19, 2009

Farts

WARNING: THIS ENTIRE POST IS ABOUT FARTS





I can't believe I'm going here, but I'm gonna.

I grew up in a family with 4 sisters, a mom and a dad. None of us were big on farting. I never in my life heard my mom fart (er. . . or her term "windy") or my sister Heather. Some of us farted for comedic effect (Hi Becky!) , and I guess there was that time one of us became the president of the Fart Club when she was 7 (Hi Anne-Marie!). But for the most part, we girls were non-farters. I thought my dad was a big time professional farter, but now that I've experienced living with David, Jackson and Jasper - I realize he was amateur at best.

I've been trying to get David to stop farting since we got married - and I have had ZERO success. He has no intention of stopping and Jasper is also a big time farter. I've been pleading and scolding, begging and reprimanding - and for NOTHING! They won't stop! Jackson can't help himself, but I know that he will most likely follow in his father's footsteps and continuously say "sorry, I can't help it!" or "it doesn't even stink, deal with it chumps."

The sad part - I feel myself caving. I think I have lost this battle and I might as well just accept my fate. When I was pregnant I even joined them, especially during the end - but I could honestly say "I can't help it!"

Last night when we were reading scriptures as a family, we were reading about Ammon in the Book of Mormon, and how he chopped of all the arms of the Lamanites. As Jasper was reading he farted twice, both times he claimed his inability to "help it." And then we all started to laugh. Laughing about it is much more enjoyable than arguing about it I realized.

Tell me, do you come from a FF (farting family) or a NFF (non-farting family) and how do you cope with the stinkiness?


7 comments:

Jentry said...

I come from a FF. I've recently started watching a show called, "You Are What You Eat" on BBC America. The nutritionist talks a lot about farting and says that it has to do with your bodies inability to digest foods. Google stop farting and an e-how article shows up with more tips. I've started chewing my food until it is liquid and my gas has slowed down by a whole lot.

Tina McKinnon said...

NFF as far back as I can remember...

Miss Stace said...

hahaha sick. I can smell farts as I sit here and read this - though no one around me has farted. Jared sister tells me he is a natural fart-a-holic, but I have yet to hear any of his farts.....I think he must hold them all until he leaves me and then it must all go to pot.... :) get it? pot? I'm funny.

Becky said...

Our family is a FF. Sadly, I may have even joined the ranks....

Kandice said...

The Knights, definitely NFF, however the in-laws are another story. Imagine my surprise when Spencer wrestled his sister to the floor only to commence farting on her! My own family is a combination of both NFF and FF. Makes sense considering what kinds Spencer and I came from. BTW Michelle, you are hilarious!

Heather said...

I hope to remain an NFF forever....

The Rookie said...

I'm totally from a FF. Sophisticated, intellectual and classy as I pretend to be, I just have a thing with potty humor. It is dang funny. Farts are at the pinnacle of that humor pyramid.