April 25, 2011

1 Year




I dont know how to mark this anniversary. Although 1 year ago today he officially became ours, Jasper has been ours for over 3 years, and he feels like he has been ours always. I cant imagine this family without him.

The picture above was taken April 2008, at Heather's old house in St. George. Can you believe how much he has grown in three short years?

When Jasper found out I was pregnant with a girl, he screamed in excitement. His friends gave him their condolences, but Jas was genuinely happy. I asked him why he was so excited to have a baby sister and he said cuz then I can shoot any guys who try to date her (he is still overly excited about the 22 rifle Grandpa McKinnon gave him for Christmas. Yep, a gun).

I know he was teasing (about the actually shooting), but it made me kind of sad. Sad because Jasper does not realize that by the time this baby girl is 16, he will be almost 29. Hell be a grown man! It makes me sad to think Jackson will only be 9 when Jasper goes on his mission and after that 11 when he goes to college (I hope hope he does both ).

Hell always be a wonderful big brother, I just wish he could stay home and be one to them through all their hard teenage years. You could never imagine a better big brother, he is SO sweet to Jackson and SO helpful.


This picture is of Jasper helping Jackson during our Easter Egg hunt over the weekend. We visited family in Colorado Springs.

He is such a great young man.

We just love you so much Jas!

7 comments:

The Dummers said...

I know we've had this conversation before, but it still makes me tear up a little reading it! He really is such a great big bro and will be even when he's all grown up! Congrats on one year! Can't believe how fast time goes!

Sheri said...

We do something special each year to celebrate our "anniversary." Some years just cake, this year we all went out for ice cream sundaes at Leatherby's. Deshaun is 7 years older than Lincoln, and it makes me sad to think of the things even he will miss. But by the time that happens, I know they will be so close to each other that nothing will keep them apart.

Anonymous said...

I love you so much for loving him the way you do. It shows everyday. He has so much love to give and your family is the perfect place to show it. He is one of the most gentle, kind, caring priesthood holders I know. All of his strengths will unfold as he grows and you guys make that possible.

Love, Lori

Anonymous said...

I love you that you love him so much. IT shows through your actions everyday. And David has become the man that Jasper so desperately needed in his life. He has so much love to give and he shares it so strongly. He is so proud to call you all "his family".

alcorrea5 said...

Happy mile stone! I am so surprised that it has already been a year officially. And, yet, like you said, it seems like it always was. What great parents you are!

Heather said...

He looks so cute and little in that pic! He is getting so grown up now- time goes by too fast. Congrats on one year!

Niki said...

Hey Michelle, so how is your hubby doing? Is there certain shoes he can't wear? Koy has been doing great with the whole process, he wasn't totally clubed footed because the doctors could move his feet to the right position so they were just positioned wrong in the womb.