April 27, 2010

Brothers


These two are meant to be brothers.










And now they officially are.



Monday, April 26th - we went to our courthouse and became Jasper's adoptive family.


Jasper has lived with us for over two years now, and we have been his legal guardians. At the beginning of this year, his mother Lori approached us about becoming his adoptive parents.

I've been truly touched and humbled at Lori's selflessness as Jasper's mother.


She raised him well for those first 9 years. He is such a wonderful boy. She knows her limits and loves him enough to give him the best life she can.


When the option to adopt him was presented to us - we felt joy, happiness, relief, and excitement. These past two years with Jasper have been very good - so rewarding, fulfilling, so right. Also at times full of worry - wondering how long we would get to have him.

Now that feeling of worry has been replaced with feelings of comfort and peace.


So Monday we planned an adoption celebration and after our time at court was done, we went to our local aquarium. Since it was a week day during school hours, it was the perfect time to go.







Jackson loved the "wishies".


After the aquarium we went to a family dinner with both sides of our family. We had so much fun.
Here are my boys.

(Don't be scared of my newly painted fluorescent door. I tried to be adventurous and paint it green. I'm not sure about how BRIGHT GREEN/YELLOW it turned out.)




These two didn't know what they were in for.


They never knew they would have it so good.



21 comments:

Staci Lynn said...

ok, I started to cry as I saw this last pic of you and Jas. I love this. I'm so excited for him to be officially part of our family! I love you all!!!

The Dummers said...

Michelle! I'm so happy for you guys! He's such a great kid and couldn't ask for better parents! I'm not going to lie, I'm crying a little. In a good way, though. :)

Karen said...

That's awesome Michelle! You are awesome! I'm so glad that everything has worked out for your little family ... he needs to come meet the rest of us!

Heather said...

What a beautiful post. Love you.

Alice said...

Alright...tears at work are not acceptable! I love this post and I am so happy for all of you. Jasper is lucky to be apart of your family and you are lucky to have him. Congrats!

p.s. I still love your wedding hair ;)

Kandice said...

Don't you think that adoption truly is a miracle?!??? I am SOO happy for you and for Jasper. Since Kilee adopted (it will be final Monday), I have such strong feelings about adoption. It is amazing! Congrats!

grandma carolyn said...

I'm the proudest mom and grandma.
I am so grateful for you and David and Jackson bringing Jasper into your family. I love you. Love Grandma Carolyn

Becky said...

Sweet post. Love you guys.

The Rookie said...

This is such a touching post...ya, I totally sniffled. Congrats to all of you! You're a beautiful family.

Marie said...

Congrats! I am getting a little choked up with that post. Life's curve balls are something else. How true it is that so often we have no idea what we are in for. I am happy for your little family!

Nancy said...

We're so happy to have Jasper "officially" in our family. We have a new grandson!! I'm so proud of you and David. I love the pictures....what a sweet family.

Marianne said...

Hooray! I am so happy for you and your amazingly cute family!

Logan said...

Yay!! That is awesome. You guys are so lucky...as is Jasper. I love this post.

Shelly said...

That is the greatest thing! Congrats!!! Jasper sounds like such a great kid, it must be wonderful to know he gets to be with you forever!!! I'm so happy for you!! :)

Sheri said...

Adoption is so wonderful! I'm so glad you guys know just how great it is too now. Jasper is a great kid and you guys are so lucky to all have each other.

alcorrea5 said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. As alwyas, you say it all perfectly. What a sweet family you are making! Love you guys!!

molly bay said...

What a post. Congratulations!!!!!

Tina McKinnon said...

Awesome! Congrats! Love you guys!
xox

The Anderson's said...

This is such a neat post and Jasper is SO lucky to have you guys! Your family is awesome. Ps. I too, am a tad misty-eyed at the moment:)

Jo said...

tears! michelle you are awesome... and i will say it, i think i like the door!

Tara Bennett said...

Michelle, I can't believe I missed this post. I am bawling. Congrats! This is such a special and incredible thing for all involved. I'm just in awe and so touched!!!