May 6, 2008

African Dancing

We did not look this cool.


Saturday, Heather and I went African dancing at the Rose Wagner Theater in SLC. Twice a week they have an exercise/dance class featuring dances from different countries throughout Africa. Saturday we learned the male circumcision dance from Guinea. Yippee!


It is actually really fun and hard work. The teacher is awesome and the moves are really fun. They even have live Congo drums every class. The best part is that Heather and I are NOT DANCERS and are very uncoordinated and look like imbeciles compared to most of the class. Especially since we only go every once in a while (i.e. last time I went was probably 3 years ago). For a good laugh, ask us to show you some of our African dance moves.


So I'm 16 weeks pregnant now. Each week goes by faster and faster. I'm starting to look actually pregnant now, and not just fat. I will post a picture soon, since I'm sure you all are dying to see.

Some interesting things about being pregnant:



  • I love love never having to suck in my gut. My stomach has never been very flat, and this is new and actually pretty liberating.

  • Every part of me is getting bigger. My chest gets bigger every day it feels like. How is this even possible? Stop growing!

  • My body wants and needs lotion all the time.

  • I find myself blaming everything on being pregnant. I blame the messy house, my messy room, my messy hair, all on being pregnant. I blame forgetfulness, belches, toots, and being late for work, all on my pregnancy. Jasper and David don't believe a word I say.

  • I have finally gained my appetite back and love eating everything in sight, with absolutely no guilt.



4 comments:

Becky said...

African dance! I would LOVE to see that. I can't wait till you find out what you are having!

alcorrea5 said...

African dancing? That is so cool! And you are, too, cool! And I am with Becky -- are you going to find out and share what you are having? Any ideas? We are certainly excited for you!

Miss Stace said...

Sadly I have those same symptoms that you have as being pregnant. Just I am not.....whats my excuse here??

Heather said...

So, you're the girl who called pregnant?

African dancing IS cool. We are so hip.