May 21, 2008

Baby Mama

For my birthday, David took me to see Baby Mama with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. If you like these two on SNL, then you will like the show. It wasn't David's kind of movie at all - what a nice guy to take me to it anyway. We went on this date while my mom and dad watched Jasper for us. When we came home, there was a 4 man tent up in our living room. They all went to REI and I guess my dad couldn't resist. Poor Jasper has sure done a lot of shopping lately - Target with me and his mom. Ikea, and maternity shopping with me and my sisters and now REI. He is such a good sport.



I taught the lesson in church Sunday. I haven't taught for quite a few weeks and so when I got up in front of everyone, the mini podium somehow missing, my pregnant tummy seemed to be the focus of the room. When I looked out into the sea of white puffy hair, I saw 30 pairs of eyes staring straight at my belly. I'm now officially out of the pregnancy closet. Not that I was trying to hide the fact that I was pregnant or anything. Its just werid to figure out when to tell people, or if you should, or if you even want to. One woman did come up to me after the lesson and just said "Congratulations!" I was really tempted to reply with "Congratulations for what?" And deny pregnancy, just to see what would happen. But that would've been mean.


So I finally decided that my slicked back ponytail and barely combed hair look, is not really in anymore and decided to get a haircut. It has been so depressing lately looking in the mirror. All I see is zits, and grody hair. Zits and grody hair. At least I can take care of the grody hair part immediately. The zits might not go away until post baby.



Ta da! My new do:





And here is my pregnant self. Me at 18 weeks.

7 comments:

Kendra said...

You look SO cute! I love the new haircut. Thanks for posting a picture of yourself so that we can see how cute you look as a pregnant lady!

Maigen said...

LOVE the hair! How cute are you, pregnant lady?

Becky said...

LOVE the hair. You are so cute! We loved Baby Mama too. It was funny.

alcorrea5 said...

You look fantastic! Hair - gorgeous! Cute belly! Maijlynn thinks so, too.

Miss Stace said...

I love your hair!! It makes your eyes stand out!! And you are so cute being pregnant....I just wanna rub your belly....jk!

Tina McKinnon said...

Can't wait to see all of you next month at the reunion... You look great!... mostly... happy! xox

The Rookie said...

LOVE the new do. And that belly is adorable, don't kid yourself! Alice & I loved Baby Mama, too. We've been trying to impersonate Amy Pohler on the exercise ball at the birthing classes..."Boh-boooh"...because we have no life, I guess?