May 29, 2008

Zeus


Jasper has to give a report tomorrow in school. He could choose any subject in the world, and he chose Zeus. I helped him find some information and then he started to put it together in report form. When I read over his first draft, this how it read:


"Zeus had a wife named Hera and cheated on her like crazy. That's why he has a lot of kids."


I burst out laughing. He said "It's true!" and as I read through the material on Zeus it did say that he had numerous mistresses. AHH! That version was not in his final draft.




Oh, and I'm having a BOY!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats! I thought it was a girl for sure...but am super excited that it's a boy! Boys are fun. I have some baby boy clothes for ya.

Heather said...

I KNEW it was a boy. I told you that you were going to have lots and lots of boys!!!! Get used to snails and puppy dogs tails and arm pit noises!!

The Rookie said...

A boy! Hurray! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you two! (Whoa exclamation marks, sorry.)

And speaking of Zeus' infidelity...during my Greek Mythology Unit I have my 9th graders make up a song to remember all the gods and goddesses for their test. Last year their song was to the "Jingle Bells" tune and the line on Zeus included "...and Zeus was a cheating man whore..." It may be unprofessional but I let them keep it. It rhymed. And, like Jasper said, it's true!

Laura said...

CONGRATS! Boys are so much fun. :)

Nancy said...

Yes....I told you! Boys are good! OK, so now I can start gathering BLUE baby things. Hooray! I can't wait!

alcorrea5 said...

"A boy! A boy! A boy! Oh, we will love the boy! Wait, we already have boy cousins!" This response is from the girls. (Alex's side are all boys.) Congratulations! We are very excited for you both. And all is well? Were you trying to hide that announcement under all that Zeus stuff?