July 12, 2008

Button-misser

David and I just got back from The Cheesecake Factory. The franchise arrived in Salt Lake not too long ago, and the waiting times are usually ridiculous. But today we got there before 6, and our wait was only about 1/2 hour. . . much better than the 3 hour wait my friends and I endured last time. It sure is good food.


I had just about finished my meal, and as I am huge and pregnant, I had to use the bathroom suddenly and urgently. So I struggled up from my seat (I am exaggerating a bit, but I feel so huge right now . . . pregnant pictures to come soon), and waddled off to the restroom.

Later as was washing my hands I glanced over at myself in the full length mirror. What did I see? All my buttons were completely mismatched and my shirt was noticeably crooked. I was wearing one of those empire waist pregnancy shirts, so the empire waist tie thing was completely crooked, and one of my shirt tails was significantly longer than the other. I just burst out laughing.

Then I remembered all the places I'd been today with my mis-buttoned shirt. . . well - all over the cheesecake factory, wandering around to find the bathroom, the mall next door while we were waiting to be seated, blah blah blah. Oh well!

Everyone at work can't stop commenting on how HUGE I look. Especially the claimants I am helping, who are complete strangers. As soon as they realize I'm pregnant, they love to comment on it and ask me when I'm due, what I'm having, etc. Sometimes they ask if I've gotten all the baby stuff I need yet. Um. . . not at all. I figure I'll get it eventually. All he needs is milk and diapers right? Kidding. So Thursday, this lady asked me:

Lady: "Are you due any day now?"
Me: "no actually, I'm not due until October."
Shocked lady: "You're kidding! Are you having twins?"
Me: "nope."

What makes you say that to someone? Especially a stranger? If a friend or relative asked me that it would be nothing, but to a stranger? I just think that's weird.

7 comments:

Karen said...

How cute that David didn't even notice. That's true love!

Not only is it weird that strangers blurt out ridiculousness, but it's rude.

alcorrea5 said...

Once you are pregnant all that once was your own business, now it seems everyone wants to know your private details. For me, it was most uncomfortable when people come to touch your belly as if you are a good luck charm or Buddah. You other ladies know what I am talking about!

We are completely excited for you guys. You are going to be very cute parents!

Becky said...

Funny story!
After I had Lindsay I forgot to do up my zipper on my pants for about 2 months, you know since maternity pants don't have zippers I just got out of the haibt of zipping up!

Niki said...

LOL that is sooo funny! That would have been funny to see, I wish I could have been there.:)!!!! You seriously have always made me laugh and made me have a better day. There is something about you that I can not get over. I remember we would just stay up and laugh and we would want Alicia too but she had to go to bed so she could work all night. Good times for sure!!!!

Brooke S. said...

Too bad about your buttons...or too funny, I can't decide. But either way, I love that you have that book blog. I'll keep checking it out to look for good books!

Alice said...

That is too funny. I think my favorite part is that David didn't even notice. hehehehe

As for the rude blurts from strangers, I don't get what people are thinking, or rather not thinking.

The Rookie said...

Open mouth, insert foot! I think people really just don't think before they speak. And sometimes they don't even think after they speak.

As for your lovely ensemble at the Cheesecake Factory...hehehe...that is too funny.