July 27, 2008

Garage Sale-ing and stuff

Staci and Anne-Marie came down to my house to help me go garage sale-ing for some baby stuff. We set an ambitious goal to leave my house by 7 am, but of course this really turned to close to 9. I got to drive our new (new for us) '93 GMC, in case we found anything good so we could just stick it in back of the truck. One of the fun quirks about our truck is the power steering. The steering works just great while I am pushing hard on the gas pedal. But as soon as I have my foot off the gas (like to turn into a parking space or back out of one, or turn a sharp corner) - the power steering disappears and I have to use my mighty strength. Staci was the photographer for our outing and snapped a few pics.

Here I am starting the car:


Here is Anne-Marie, afraid of my driving:


We found parking quickly at Harmon's



Some pregnant pictures:



A couple of our finds:


This 1 year old Peg-Pérego stroller was quite a steal. I had never hear of the brand and came upon this stroller at our first garage sale stop. The lady selling them had everything Peg-Pérego and loved the brand. She first offered it to me for $100 and in my mind I thought "lame! I hate it at garage sales when they are trying to make a ton of money. I'm not buying this for $100." I should have done my research. Luckily Staci took over and looked at this one, and had the lady show us all its amazing features. Then the lady offered it, and a bassinette for $75, because she said I had "good energy."


I didn't want to buy it right then, so we drove off saying we'd probably be back. We quickly called my sister Becky in Seattle and she said "What! Go back NOW. That is such a steal. The Peg-Pérego brand is like the Mercedes Benz of strollers. My crap stroller from Target even cost $100 - you need to go back and get it!" So, now panicked, I tried to do a U-turn in my non-power steering vehicle and ended up causing a traffic jam as I made a 6 point turn on a narrow road. We made it back and I paid $80, since I had no smaller bills. I think I made out well though.





We probably would have found more bargains, except Staci got sick. She puked across the street from our next garage sale stop, and we quickly drove away. She felt fine afterwards and it was probably from downing a Jamba Juice in 10 seconds flat.



Afterwards, relaxing at home.




And a picture of Jasper in his new football pads and helmet. Go Gremlins!

12 comments:

Becky said...

Great finds! Sorry I made you panic. Staci loves to barf wherever she goes!

alcorrea5 said...

How exciting! Don't you think that buying the baby stuff makes it even more real?! You really did make a great deal! Good for you!!!!

Karen said...

Congratulations on the great stroller and bassinet! If we would have been thinking, we would have had a baby shower for you up at the reunion. Can we do one online? What a great idea! An online baby shower! You go register at Target for everything you need/want ... and we'll go buy it for you! Do you hear that everybody?

IT'S AN ONLINE SHOWER FOR MICHELLE!

Tina McKinnon said...

What a fun post! Hope you're feeling as well as one can hope for under the circumstances... :>)

Becky said...

Online shower...what a great idea! Let's do it!

Miss Stace said...

Online shower would be awesome!! If Michelle won't register, I'll do it for her!!

Heather said...

I felt a little homesick seeing this post - wish I could have been with you, Ree, and the barfer.

Anne-Marie said...

That was so much fun i'm glad i went! Even though i had to watch the and smell staci... I like you! :)

Miss Stace said...

To my defense... there was no air conditioning!!!

The Rookie said...

Woo-hoo...what a find! I'm glad your aura/energy/shakras were aligned and the right color that morning. I too would have had no idea about the "Mercedes Benz" of strollers.

And thank goodness for those parking spots! I swear--in the heat of July pregnancy has to be the worst kind of miserable!

kimballklan said...

Awsome find! I wish I had good luck at garage sales...maybe if I went more often. How far along are you now? This is Cassie (Dixon) Kimball by the way.

Em said...

You're so smart to get baby stuff at garage sales. They have such nice, barely used baby everything. We need to go to dinner and/or a movie or something soon. It's been too long!