August 30, 2008

Toots

Jasper: "I think I know why I am constipated."
Me: "Oh yeah, why?"
Jasper: "Cause you won't let me toot. You won't let me or Dave toot in the house or in the car."
Me: "Um. . . I don't think that makes you constipated."
Jasper: "Uh-huh. Because if you hold it in, it makes you all stuffed up."
Me: "Well, I don't say you can't toot EVER, just not all over the house or in the car. You can toot in the bathroom anytime you want."
Jasper: "Well, just letting you know that that's the reason I'm constipated."

Later after I told David of Jasper's funny theory, he said

"Well, he does have a good point." Why are boys so gross and fart happy?


While I'm on the subject, I think it is funny that when I was growing up, my mom wouldn't let us say the word "fart." We had to use the word "windy." Hilarious.

6 comments:

Logan said...

While I was reading this, I was thinking, "Hmmm...Jasper brings up a good point." I was glad to see David was on the same page. So funny!

Becky said...

I would always feel so bad for girls named Wendy since mom made us call farts "windy."
Ha ha!

Tara Bennett said...

Wow, your rules just would not fly with my husband. You're hard core! Maybe Jasper's really on to something there... let the boy be windy, Michelle, c'mon!

Mrs. Bennett said...

David "windies" whenever he wants, no matter my protests. I just can't stand it though. Toots are stinky! And in the car - we all suffer.

Anne-Marie said...

Did you know boys "windy" more but girls "windies" are stinkier because they hold them in longer? Just think if they held them in and then let the go how much stinkier they would be! YUCK!

Tina McKinnon said...

Your mom and I must be of the same generation... Our kids weren't allowed to use the 'f' word either, but now I think they all do, especially if I'm around... I think just to bug me!! :>) I still don't say it... feels funny.
xox