August 2, 2008

Worrie Wart


Jasper: "I stink real bad. Can I take a shower?"

Me: "Um. . . yes please!"

Jasper: "I smell like this friend I use to have's house."

Me: "What did your friend's house smell like?"

Jasper: "Well, they use to barf in their house and not clean it up."

Me: "Hurry quickly and take a shower NOW!"



So I'm now 29 weeks pregnant, 7 months and in my third trimester. I'm in the homestretch and getting more and more nervous. I now meet with my doctor every two weeks. I keep thinking of all the horrible things that could happen. I've had friends and family, and ward members who have had really sad things happen to them and their babies in this third trimester, and my mind keeps racing and imagining up all sorts of "what-ifs". What if I go into labor prematurely? What if my baby dies? What if for some reason I can't have an epidural and I have to have an insane labor without meds? What if my ankles swell even more, and I have to be wheelchair bound for the remaining pregnancy? What if we never finish the basement, and the baby's nursery is permanently in the living room? What if he comes out an octopus (he already feels like he has 8 legs with the amount of kicking and bouncing that goes on in my engorged tummy)?


I know that most of the above is out of my hands and I need to think positively and not about all the things that could go wrong, but sometimes that is easier said than done.


Thank goodness Jasper is good for a laugh!

9 comments:

Becky said...

I was sure all my kids would have some sort of deformity. I think it all goes with the territory...and all those extra hormones.

I hope, for everyone's sake, that Jasper took a shower.

LORI said...

I had a dream that Jasper was born with a middle-aged man head and he talked with a smokers rasp. But he was born soft and sweet and gentle like all babies, no matter what. All your visits are going well. Think of that.

Love you.

Lori

Nancy said...

You'll be just fine....and so will your baby!!

Jen said...

Keep repeating what Nancy said: Everything is going to be just fine.

Awesome garage sale finds, btw.

Jamie said...

I'm so glad you found my blog. I would love to get together. I'm so excited that you're preggo. Don't worry so much. Love ya girl. Hope to see you soon.
Love,
Jamie

Tara Bennett said...

There is one guarantee: your ankles WILL swell even more. =)

Miss Stace said...

Every time Bex was close to having her baby, I always have a weird dream about it. With Garrett I dreamt that he was born but came out her bellybutton instead. It was disturbing!

Kristi said...

If your baby looks anything like the octopus in the picture I say go for it. That kid is adorable! Good luck. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Niki said...

I can so see you trying to make a U turn in your truck with no power steering LOL you are so fun! What a great find at the yard sale! I am very excited for you. You look so cute and from what I can see of your house it looks cute as well!