September 20, 2008

Football prep


Friday nights are the nights before Jasper's football games. He has to be at the field at 8 am, so last night I tried to have him get as ready as possible the night before.

Me: Jasper, get me all your football gear, so I can wash it and have it all ready for tomorrow.
Jasper: Okay
Me: Bring me everything, okay? That means your jersey, pants, socks, jockstrap/cup, helmet and pads.
Jasper: blank stare.
Me: So what do you need to bring me?
Jasper: blank stare.
Me: okay, go get me your Jersey, pants and socks.
Jasper: heads to his room.

5 minutes later, he appears with his jersey.

Me: okay, now go get me your socks and underwear.
Jasper: okay.

10 minutes later he appears with his socks and underwear - with the cup still inside.

Me: Can you take the cup out of your underwear?
Jasper: How come?
Me: Cuz I have to wash it and I don't want to touch this more than I have to.
Jasper: Okay.
Me: Now, what else do I need?
Jasper: Shrug of shoulders.
Me: I need your pants.

He was in his room "looking" for about 15 minutes. I knocked on his door.

Me: Need help?
Jasper: silence
Me: What are you doing in there?
Jasper: silence

So I enter his room - which is a complete disaster area. He's laying on his bed, head down on his pillow.


Me: Have you found your pants yet?
Jasper: I can't find them anywhere!

At this point I'm really tired so David steps in and helps Jas find the rest of his stuff. I was having a very swollen ornery day and I went to bed. David cautiously wakes me up, "honey, can you just tell me how to use the washing machine?" In his defense, we recently bought a new set of front loading washer/dryers. I've been happily doing all the laundry in the new laundry room that Dave finished adding onto the house, using my new washer and dryer. So I showed him how to use it and went back to bed.

I'm pretty sure Jasper is a typical 9 year old with a messy room and a short attention span.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Michelle,

Hi, it's Shelly (Williams) Johnson. I'm so glad to find you! Congratulations on your upcoming baby! I totally understand being a bit freaked out about childbirth. I'm actually experiencing that myself. If you'd like you can see my blog: http://montanajohnsons.blogspot.com. I just made it this week. I love seeing your pics. You look great, especially for being about ready to pop!

Tara Bennett said...

So funny to me, but frustrating for you I'm sure! I can just hear David's tentative voice, "Honey?" begging for help. Love it. Hang in there, little mini me will be here soon!

Tina McKinnon said...

I would so like to say that it's just the 9-year-old boy thing... NOT! I don't care if they're 9 or 90... guys are guys... selective hearing, short attention spans, and all the rest! But gotta love 'em! (You get in trouble if you hurt them!) xox

alcorrea5 said...

Gotta chime in! Jasper is a hoot a minute...except when you are tired, right? I laugh lots louder after I think about my kids and their conversations and relay them to thier Dad. And you clearly have a knack for seeing the funny stuff. At least, you keep us laughing!

Hang in there! And only 25 days to go! Ya-hoo!