September 6, 2008

Horses and a Haircut

On Monday we buzzed off Jasper's hair (so handsome!) and went to Clinton and rode my parent's horses. I got to watch from the sidelines and it was a perfect day for riding. It had rained pretty hard early in the morning, but by the time we rode it was just right.

David and I were the last ones in at the barn, and unfortunately neither of us tied up the gate behind us. Jasper was up helping my dad with some hay in the loft and looked out and saw all the horses running away. "Are they supposed to be out of the gate?" he asked my dad. "WHOA get the horses!" Dad yelled. Running and panic ensued. Heather, Anne-Marie, Staci and David ran after them with some enticing oats, Heather tried to cut them off before they got to the highway, and Jasper's and my job was to stand by the gate cutting off the other road to the highway and to hold our arms out.

Eventually they finally got the horses rounded up and we got them back in the corral. Pedro the goat followed them their whole journey because he thinks he is a horse. The run was a bit too much for him, and he got back to the barn panting.


In all the excitement, Heather cursed mildly and it did not escape Jasper's attention.


Jasper: Heather, you said a curse word.

Heather: I know, oops.

Jasper: That means you have to lick a bar of soap.

Heather: Um, nope.



I don't have any pictures (of course) of the escape, but I do have some of Jasper riding after all the horses had calmed down.











Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Becky said...

There are weeks I'd be licking lots of soap over here!
Too funny. I'm glad you got the horses all rounded up.

Tara Bennett said...

Sounds like a very exciting day of horseback riding! Jasper is so lucky to have you guys.

Hey, I was at a baby shower today for Patrice Farnsworth, and a few girls (including Patrice) were wondering if I knew your sister Heather. Small world!!!!

Alice said...

Sounds exciting. Jasper cracks me up. I can't wait to hear what he comes up with next :)

So hows that baby cooking? How are you feeling? You ready for him to come? Have you picked out any names?

alcorrea5 said...

Everything you guys do is an adventure! How fun - not to be chasing down horses to but ride them afterwards!

And I am with Alice -- How're the baby and you getting on? Have you guys chosen a name? Are you keeping us in suspense? Loves...

Heather said...

Tell Jasper that I'll put a little lemon handsoap on my tongue just for him.