November 6, 2008

Adjusting to motherhood


Being a new mom is hard. Jackson doesn't sleep for very long periods yet, so it is hard to get good sleep time in - night or day. David is great and I don't know what I'd do without him. My mom was also able to come help out for a few days and Jackson has lots of grandmas, a grandpa, aunts, uncles and cousins who love to hold him.


I know it will be a long time coming, but I can't wait for the day that he sleeps through the night. In the meantime I am enjoying my life right now. It is funny how little things done throughout my day make me feel like I've accomplished so much. One load of laundry - hooray! A clean kitchen - yippee! Getting Jasper to school on time, with Jackson loaded in the car seat - such a feat! The other day I went to Harmons, to get some more wipes. I was all by myself and wasn't quite sure how to load the car seat onto the shopping cart. I got him settled in a way that seemed correct and then in my mind dared anyone to try and correct me. Luckily everyone steered clear. Today we went to the doctor and he is looking good and healthy. That will probably be my one big accomplishment for today.

10 comments:

Miss Stace said...

I can imagine the look you had on your face with the shopping cart. hehehe. You are a great mommy!!! I love lil Jackson!

Tara Bennett said...

Being a new mom IS hard. I had to laugh at picturing you try to figure out how the carseat goes on the shopping cart - I totally did that on my first outing with Chloe to Target! I kept thinking, 'I know this works, I see other people doing it all the time!' You're amazing, Jackson and Jasper are so lucky!!!

Becky said...

What a sweetie. YOu're doing great.

Karen said...

The first one is soooooo hard. You're doing great! Pat yourself on the back with each accomplishment ... none of them are small.

The Rookie said...

You are doing an amazing job, I'm sure, my dear. And the sleep will come one day. It must.

Alice said...

He is so cute Michelle. I love it when you post new pictures. Two thumbs up to new moms. I understand the panic with the grocery cart, except I was just the babysitter.

alcorrea5 said...

I love to see the new pictures. And it's true those "little" things are huge. Keep congratulating yourself and reward it, too....with a nap!

Shiloh McKinnon said...

OK I just wrote you this long comment and for some reason it wouldnt post.

Long story short:
Been there done that. I hope yours doesnt take the 10 months mine took to sleep throught the night. I just want to cry remembering it. I feel for you.

But he's worth it!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

if you have any questions or worries, my door is always open. i know the "new mother" feeling all too well. good luck!

Jeri Dawn said...

Ha ha. I remember being so excited to finally be able to stay home with my new baby and all the things I was going to be able to do. I was shocked that I couldn't get a thing done. Someone did tell me, "Sleep when the baby sleeps." That helped a bit. Good luck, he sure is cute!