February 26, 2009

Go to sleep baby

On the way to church!

His hair sure looks red in this picture! But no, he has brownish blond hair. What a cutie.

I'm considering making this cutie cry it out through the night this weekend. Just the thought makes me sad - but something needs to be done to change his sleeping habits of waking up a minimum of 4 times a night! Last night he woke up 1, 2, 3, 4 -
5 times! 5! I'm so tired all the time, and can't function on 3 hours of sleep while managing a home and working part time any more. Of course David wakes up with him too - so that makes us both zombies.

What do you all think about the "crying it out" thing, or do you have any better ideas? Please share!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Sometimes you just have no choice. I know that there are babies who are just born to sleep well, but those weren't mine. It takes three nights, and it's horrible ... and then it's worth it. Good luck!

Alice said...

No experience on the matter, but boy is he cute. Good luck my friend.

Tara Bennett said...

Crying it out was the hardest thing I've ever done. It made my body physically ache. But it did work. Then Chloe got really sick one week and I went back to our old ways, and I've never gone back to letting her cry it out. Oh my it's hard. But it works.

Good luck!

Shelly said...

I wish I had something easier to share, but I have to agree that crying it out is the only way to do it sometimes. I've done it three times before and working with number four. It SUCKS!!! Just prepare yourself.

Becky said...

Do what's best for you...crying it out worked for Garrett. It does suck. Make a pact with your husband that neither will get up to get the babe and then hold each other down!
Good luck!

Nancy said...

It worked for me. 3 nights of hell. But then blissful sleelp everafter. Love ya

alcorrea5 said...

Eveyone is saying three nights. I think that is a good guide. Auriane it took only one night (yeah!) And Eliza was two nights then a week of reprieve and then she tried to trick us. Maijlynn unfortunately took six nights of crying. It was hard but it did work. Important thing to remember: they are OK. And it is worth it! Good luck!

molly bay said...

He's so darling!!! He looks like a lumberjack in this photo. I totally dig. Good luck with the crying it out. It is perhaps the saddest thing ever. You'll both do fine, and then be truly sane again!!! Love ya!

Jeri Dawn said...

Get out your headphones--your first baby is always the hardest to let cry. I remember I had to leave the house or turn up my music--and I cried right along with her. There is a book called "Baby Whisperer"--I think. I read it with my first and it was really good. It was about teaching them how to sleep, fall back to sleep, etc. Good luck.