February 13, 2009

Valentine Box and Jackson's First Food!


For school, Jasper had to make a Valentine box, to collect the cards and treats he'll be getting today. So Thursday I stopped by my mom's school where she teaches second grade, to look at the Valentine boxes her kids made and to get some ideas. She even sent me home with a couple of examples. When I picked Jasper up from school yesterday, we stopped by the stores to get some valentines for his friends, and to get some construction paper for this project. When we pulled into our driveway, I told him I had some ideas for his Valentine box. He said, "Don't worry, I already know exactly what I'm gonna make. I have it all figured out. I'll need a toilet paper roll." He ended up using a paper towel roll instead, but I think his box turned out perfect!

What a creative guy.






It's a Valentine ketchup bottle!

"Hunt's Valentine Ketchup" it reads.





Meanwhile Jackson had a taste of rice cereal for the first time. The Jury is still out on if he'll want more tomorrow.





6 comments:

The Rookie said...

I have fond memories of making Valentine's boxes. I'm so impressed by his clever idea!

And that Jackson slays me--what a cutie!

Becky said...

Ha ha! I love JacksON'S FACE. lINDSAY HELPING ME TYPE...

Shelly said...

What a clever guy Jasper is to come up with the ketchup idea! That's awesome.

Good luck with the cereal. I hope Jackson does well with it!

Tara Bennett said...

Jasper is so creative! So glad he's got you to help him thrive. Love the cereal pix. Chloe never liked cereal and still doesn't. Look's like Jackson's not quite suer either. What a cutie!

alcorrea5 said...

WOW! A creative twist on an oldie! Good job, Jasper! And Jackson eating is adorable. He will start liking it soon enough. The best is when they want to start to help feed themsleves.

Heather said...

Jackson is a genius baby.