February 2, 2009

Ice Fishing

This last Saturday, we went ice fishing with my dad and one of Jasper's friends.

The day began with me running into a store to buy these disgusting WAX WORMS! And contrary to what the name would lead you to believe, they are not made of wax, they are living maggots used as bait for fishing. DISGUSTING.






After that we all headed up to Causey Reservoir. If you've never been there, it is a gorgeous place. My family and I have gone canoeing there many times, and it is also a great spot for Ice Fishing. Every time I've gone there, I've enjoyed it.



Here Jasper and his friend start the day buy sledding down to the frozen lake.





A hole is then drilled . . .



And camp is set up.





My husband, enjoying the day. . .


And me, just sitting and being attractive.

Jasper makes good use of his muscles. . .

and we head home for the day.


No fish were caught, even with the help of the wax worms. We also spent time cross country skiing and snowshoeing while there. Jackson stayed with my mom and drooled a lot. We all came home exhausted.

9 comments:

Shelly said...

Do you remember when we went cross-country skiing with those birthday boards about a million years ago? Ugh. That was rough. It looks like you guys had a lot more fun on this trip than we did on that first one!

Tara Bennett said...

Holy crap I love Causey, but wax worms? Not so much. I'm going to tell my hubbs Causey is the place for ice fishing. He's tried going a few times, but then got there to realize the lakes weren't frozen over.

The Rookie said...

Causey is a lovely spot. I'll have to tell you my canoeing experience I had there one day.

And you were quite steamy in that parka.

Glad you had fun!

Heather said...

Did Jasper fall for Dad's "you gotta carry the wax worm in between your lip and your gum to keep 'em warm" trick? I might have clued Jasper in on that one and spoiled it...I'm nice like that.

Karen said...

Wow I thought they only did that in Alaska ... or the North Pole! You guys are so adventurous.

Becky said...

How fun! Those wax worms are gross.

alcorrea5 said...

What a lovely, sunny day! And what an adventure! And I have to admit, I didn't even know Dave knew how to ice fish. You guys are cool!

Miss Stace said...

Once Dad went ice fishing with the Farrs and he told Weston that he had to keep the Wax worms in his mouth to keep them alive. So Weston did.

KT said...

What a cool adventure! Yep, those wax worms are v. gross.