March 28, 2009

Its starting. . .

The new roof is starting to be built! I can hardly believe it, but its really gonna happen!

We have a flat roof - well it has a very low pitch, but practically flat. This flat roof has seen better days, and the back part has been leaking for a while now. So - a new roof is being built by my husband and father - complete with a pitch and everything!





Some lovely holes cut into my ceiling in order to find the source of the leak.
Measurements have been taken, plans have been drawn up. . .



I guess people really do use geometry in real life.


Yeah! I'm so excited. This is only the early stages, and it will still take a few weeks before it is finished, since my dad is going out of town for a couple of weekends coming up. But I see a roof on the horizon. Thank goodness David is handy and my dad is a contractor.

4 comments:

The Rookie said...

Congratulations, my dear! I love all the fun improvements ya'll are making to this house of yours.

The Singer Family said...

Happy Day Michelle! From the math teacher part of me, I'm glad to see geometry put to good use! Love reading your blog!
:) Cara

alcorrea5 said...

Yea, a roof! I can't even imagine building a roof from scratch but I love to see the "homework". And I have to say, Jackson is the handsome-est of baby boys. What a cutie!

Miss Stace said...

I can't wait to help decorate!