February 5, 2010

Cannibals and reptiles


Jasper is clever and always seems to have something clever to say.


The other day he was talking about some mean kids at school. I don't remember much more about the context of our conversation, but I said something like "Every person has the potential to be good." And Jasper came back with,

Jasper: What about cannibals?


Another day he was asking about the birds and the bees and how it all works. He seems to always be asking about this stuff lately. He asked what sperm was quite a few months ago, and David said it was a type of whale.

We've been avoiding this subject!

So I finally started to explain it all for real, and I was explaining that women have eggs in their bodies that are fertilized by the husband.

Jasper: Does that mean we are reptilian?
Me: Huh?
Jasper: Because you have eggs - like a reptile.
Me: No, we are not reptilian.



6 comments:

The Dummers said...

Sperm whale... Classic! Good luck with that. Yikes!

Karen said...

Wow Michelle ... tough topic! I always hate when it's time to re-visit this conversation for the first time. You're awesome!

Alice said...

hahahahaha good luck with that conversation. Something tells me you might have to hold in laughing out loud :)

Shelly said...

Oh my. Good luck. I love the sperm whale remark, though. I'll have to remember that one.

alcorrea5 said...

What?! I am still laughing!!! Sperm? Repitles? Canibals? You are always great for a laugh!

Staci said...

What about canibals?? hahahaha