February 11, 2010

OBSESSED


Last night I tossed and turned. My mind was racing and I kept waking up in a panic. My dreams have been filled with thoughts of . . . decorating.

The closer our basement gets to finished, the more obsessed I become with thoughts of furnishing it painting it, buying things for it, putting up shelves, etc.

Last night I dreamed of fabric and reupholstering every piece of furniture we own and making pillows and buying a desk from the D.I. that I could paint white, no yellow, maybe green.

We have started painting the basement - we've one coat on the ceiling. Next will be primer then paint, then carpet, molding, then done. Everyday I daydream about how it will look.

I need to RELAX!

So to help me relax, I will post some visions of how I hope to furnish the basement. My goal is to be down there enjoying it by March.



In my dream world, my basement would have built in bookshelves and they would look as awesome as this:


In the real world, I might be able to pull something like this off, they have relatively inexpensive shelves like this at IKEA.

image above found on a DIY blog here.


I will need a home office space downstairs.

In my dream world I would have a space like this:

or this:



In the real world I might be able to pull off something like this:


Or maybe this. If you look hard, the D.I. or goodwill have some great finds that just need a little paint:

Most of these images are off of the Pottery Barn website. I will most likely never be able to buy anything at that store, but I love stealing their ideas.

Thanks for helping me relax.

7 comments:

The Dummers said...

Oh my gosh. My heart just skipped a beat when I saw all those bookshelves! I'll make do with the library for now. Some day... :)

alcorrea5 said...

What great ideas! I know how you must feel about the end drawing near. It's close!

Staci said...

I am the same. When I was finishing my house I went to bed every night with images of paint and flooring dancing in my head instead of sugarplums.

Heather said...

I know how you feel! And I love Pottery Barn.

Shelly said...

I love all those ideas!! I don't blame you for being obsessed. I can't wait to do the same thing myself.

I hope you can get some sleep and good luck looking for some smokin' deals.

The Rookie said...

Those BOOKSHELVES! Heaven looks like that. I just know it in my bones.

Becky said...

Used to be obssessed...now just don't care about my crap.
I can't wait to see your basement though! It will be super cute.