February 22, 2010

Olympic Fever


We've been watching a lot of the 2010 Winter Olympics in our house. So we decided to go to the Olympic Oval and try our hand at speed skating, or uh skating.

First, we all got our hands stamped. Jackson was excited about that.







Then we headed out to the rink. Once out there I saw lots of families pushing their pre-skating age children in strollers. Luckily mine was out in my car so I ran and got it. I had no idea they would let us do that. It was such a treat, Jackson loved it and was happy the entire 2 hours we were there.

Jasper is actually a really good skater. He loved it.



I promise you, the only reason I didn't fall was because of Jackson's stroller.




Eventually Jackson did want to join his big brother outside the stroller. So Jasper took him on a little walk.

I was very impressed with the Olympic Oval. It is huge and they were very accommodating. They even provide helmets and little walkers for children just learning. We had a very fun time! ( I don't know why the font is now blue).



4 comments:

The Dummers said...

What a fun idea! LOVE that they let you take the strollers on the ice!

Shelly said...

That's AWESOME!!!!

I love that you got to use the stroller! I was wondering how the little man was going to go on the ice.

Kandice said...

I am pretty sure that cute little hand is my favorite picture ever!

alcorrea5 said...

What a great time! It looks like you guys had so much fun!