April 1, 2010

Jasper's Bedroom

When Jasper first came to live with us, the basement was still a dream, nowhere close to being finished. Once we started construction, Jasper was a little wary of living in the creepy downstairs - and I don't blame him! I promised him once the basement was finished that he could paint it whatever color he wanted.

Oops!

We ended up compromising since I was not going to let him paint it ALL BLACK or ALL RED.

I think the end result is just right.


Before:




Here is part of the compromise - a black magnetic chalkboard, using Rustoleum paints.

After:

A dark brown wall - looks okay actually!


I might even use some of this green when I'm up to painting Jackson's new room (upstairs in Jasper's old room).

My dad made this dresser for me when I was little. It is still in great shape and just right for Jasper's new room.




5 comments:

Shelly said...

I love his room. That first basement picture was scary. No wonder he was hesitant at first. That green is cool.

Miss Stace said...

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Dummers said...

That magnet board is awesome! Glad he has his own little domain, now!

Becky said...

Luv it. Garrett wanted his room painted black, too. I like that green, what is it?

alcorrea5 said...

Looks fantastic! And a growing boys room not a baby room. Alex always wanted to paint a magnetic wall and I always said no. oops! Because I like it.