April 1, 2008

New addition

Some of you may know already, but recently our nephew Jasper has started living with us. His mother is not well enough to care for him for the time being. He's been living with us for a little over week now and we are all adjusting to our new lives. With just the two of us, we'd begun to get pretty lazy and unstructured. I cooked at the very beginning of our marriage, but found that I never had the right ingredients to make dinner when needed so we ended up eating out a lot. Now we have a new reason to cook every night and have family home evenings and family scripture study. So my mom and sister Becky have both been helpful in compiling recipes for me that are easy and delicious, and I did a weeks worth of shopping last Monday night. My cooking isn't too shabby, I must say. Jasper is giving our life some more meaning and we love having him here. Last week we enrolled him in school and Sunday he got to go to his new primary class. He said "That is the smallest primary I've ever seen. Why did you guys move into a house with only old people living next to you?"


Right now David is giving him a haircut. Jasper said he wants it cut "military style" like his Uncle Mark's hairstyle. He also strongly noted "NOT SHAVED!" David said "okay" and gave me the look of "what in the heck is military style?" I warned Jasper, "what if David messes up?" (I should never have put that doubt into his mind, but this stuff is all new to me!) and he looked at me incredulously, "He can do it. David can do everything."






















When David was almost done cutting, I said to Jasper "maybe you should just jump into the shower real quick to get all the hair off of you." He didn't seem too keen on that idea and said "OR, I could just dump water on all the hairy parts, and run around outside." Hmmm, which idea will we choose??

6 comments:

Heather said...

Welcome Jasper! Can't wait to have you for a visit in St. George.

Janey said...

Michelle
Im so glad you found my blog! How are you. Pregnant? When are you do? We need to go to lunch!- janey (Jane Gardiner)

Maigen said...

Umm, I just love that his name is Jasper. How fabulous is that!?

The Rookie said...

Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha! I just can't stop laughing..."hairy parts." Too funny!

Alice & I also struggle with having all the right ingredients simultaneously. And Chili's chips & salsa are just so delicious.

Karen said...

Wow Michelle, Wow. Gary and I have had approximately five people living with us since we've been married (no, that doesn't count our own kids). We currently have one extra person here. So speaking from experience, I know that this is going to have it's challenges, but you are doing a great service. We had Gary's nephew for awhile because his Mom wasn't able to do it either. This posed so many opportunities for us all to learn from and I hope that he took some of it with him. You and David are very kind to be helping out. Good luck!

alcorrea5 said...

I lve the haircut pictures! Jasper is a card! We love ya guys! I love exclamation points, I guess!!!