April 8, 2008

Oops

When Jasper and I get home from school and work, usually the first thing we do is homework. That is, I ask him what he needs to do, make sure he does it, and help him if he needs it. He is a smart boy, and is great at math. Today I decided to look through his backpack, and I found a flyer for school pictures. "Oh good, school pictures," I thought to myself, "I wonder when those are." I looked closer at the flyer and found that his picture day was actually April 7th, that is YESTERDAY.

Me: Um, Jasper?
Jasper: What?
Me: So, did you know that school pictures were Yesterday?"
Jasper: Yes.
Me: How come you didn't tell me?
Jasper: I didn't know.
Me: Well, did you get your picture taken then?
Jasper: Yes
Me: What were you wearing?
Jasper: That red shirt.
Me: Oh.

Well - lesson learned. Look through the backpack everyday! I had no idea. I hope that his pictures turn out okay.

7 comments:

Karen said...

I've been doing this parenting thing for over 20 years now, I still miss picture day occasionally. At least he had a fine new haircut!

alcorrea5 said...

Just wait! I love those days when you wake up and they inform you that such and such important event is happening today and you need to _________ [wash that school shirt, send in that fee, write that essay-note to the techer explaining all about their life's work]. You all know waht I am talking about!

Karen said...

Oh girl I know what you're talking about. Like yesterday, my 12-year-old reminded me that he was testing this week and he needed a healthy snack to bring to school. Like I have anything healthy in my kitchen at a moment's notice?!

The Rookie said...

Do school pictures ever REALLY look that great? I seem to recall many a collection of photos featuring my Bucky Beaver newly-grown teeth, post-recess sweat-bangs, large/lopsided bows, and possibly a stain or two on the front of my shirt.

Will the elementary schools of the world never learn to hold pictures AT THE BEGINNING OF THE DAY?

Nancy said...

Those pictures were probably what we call "spring pictures". They are usually not the ones in the yearbook, or class picture 5 X 7 s.
You do have the option to buy or not. Most parents don't buy the spring set. And most parents don't seem to know which day they are taking pictures according to what the children wear that day.
Backpacks are an amazing thing....you'll be surprised what is in them....and has stayed hidden for weeks.

Alice said...

I have to say amen to the Rookie's comment, it made me giggle.

As for the back pack that seems to hold all sorts of surprises, I learned that lesson once while babysitting my friends kids for week. To funny.

Becky said...

Gotta love kids. They keep you on your toes!!