May 12, 2010

Road Trip

I love road trips.

Growing up we went on lots of family road trips - usually to Mesa, Arizona where most of my relatives live.

All 7 of us would drive in our old Chevy Suburban and drive non stop through Kanab all the way to my Grandma's house.

Old pictures like this remind me of fun trips to Grandma's house.





I remember those road trips fondly, although I also remember getting in lots of fights with my sisters.



My cousin is getting married this weekend, so my family is going on another road trip to Mesa.

My family, as in my own family - and three of my sisters. Unfortunately my other sister Becky can't make this trip.

That makes 7 of us.

Oh, and all of us are going together - in the same van.



I'm nervous!

Mostly because I haven't taken my baby Jackson on a trip in the car for longer than 4 hours at a time. Luckily I have lots of treats and Aunts who will be good entertainment.

Also because I worry my sisters and I will regress and have arguments about who gets what seat and who is breathing on whom.

Am I crazy? I think a little.

Wish us luck!

5 comments:

The Dummers said...

Good luck! Digression is inevitable. Don't forget to use your extra whiney voice.

Karen said...

I'm SO EXCITED that you guys are all coming!!! Just make sure not to breathe on anyone ... and it will be just fine. Buckle up!

Shelly said...

I'm sure you're going to be really busy, but maybe we can meet up and see each other for a few minutes. Let me know if you get any down time! I'm not far from Mesa at all.

alcorrea5 said...

I am late in my luck wishes but I hope you had a great time!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

it was so good to see you and your boys! come visit more often. :)