May 29, 2010

Ssssnake!


Saturdays are my favorite days. I love cleaning everything and I love everyone else cleaning things too. There's nothing like relaxing in your basement after a long day of chores to watch a family movie together. Of course tonight its the Suns vs Lakers. Go Suns!!

Earlier today while I was scouring the kitchen and Jasper was cleaning his room (is it just Jasper or do all pre-adolescents take two hours to clean their room?), David was outside doing some yard work. He came inside with Jackson's blue bucket looking very eager.

David: Where's Jackson?
Me: I just barely put him down for his nap. Why, what's in that?
David: A SNAKE! (he was grinning)
Me: Well he's not asleep yet, I'll go get him.

To Jackson's delight he was saved from his nap to meet his first snake ever.

Jackson: EeeeAhhh!!!


Jasper pretty much had the same reaction.


Jasper: Yes! Can I have it?



Jackson Eeeed and Ahhhed, and SSSSsssssed and then ran off to play. Jasper moved on to his next chore of mowing the lawn, when after a while he ran inside.

Jasper: The SNAKE is GONE!
Me: What?
Jasper: And the back door was OPEN!
Me: WHAT?
Jasper: He could be inside or outside!!

Apparently Jasper lovingly put some stuff inside the bucket he thought the little guy would enjoy - rocks, grass, sticks. Unfortunately this stuff also enabled him to make his escape.

Anyone want to come over and see if its inside our outside?

7 comments:

Kimber said...

Oh my! Let us know where you find it. Snakes give me the creeps.

The Dummers said...

Oh man... I may or may not be internally freaking out right now. Snakes outside I can handle. Snakes inside are a whole different story! If you're not freaking out, you must have been made to have boys!

alcorrea5 said...

Dave has always loved snakes, lizzards, and such. I am glad to know he can share this enthusiasm. But I hope the snake made it to freedom outside and not in your house!

Karen said...

1. Yes. If they are doing it right, it takes them a LONG time to clean their room.

2. OH MY GOSH!

3. Good luck!

Becky said...

Yuck!! It was probably a pregnant female..so now you may or may not be infested....

Kandice said...

oh scary!!!!

The Anderson's said...

I would send the ex-Kurt-inator over but he is scared of snakes too!! Good luck with that one.