June 6, 2010

ABCs

School is OUT! Summer is here!

One of my favorite parts about the end of the school year, is all the fun stuff Jasper brings home from school. Projects he has been working on, report cards, smooshed papers that were in the back of his desk informing his parents of a field trip that was last month.

Yesterday he brought home a fantastic hardbound book he made, entitled "History in Alphabetical Order" by Jasper Bennett.

Here are some of my favorite pages:
The quote bubble says "where's my body?"

"I dedicate this book to Jackson Parker Bennett"

"B is for Boycott - some people boycotted busses for Rosa Parks on December 1st 1955." The sign says "Let her go."

"Q is for Quakers - Quakers went to New Jersey to find a safe place because they were treated poorly." The guy is saying "I'm going to New Jersey!"

"C is for congress - congress is made of the senate and the house of representative." I like this one because I really think he captured the look of a congressman.








5 comments:

Tina McKinnon said...

That was great work, Jasper!!! Good job! I love his art...
xox

Nancy said...

A future author in the making! Good job!
Love you,
Grandma McKinnon

The Dummers said...

How cute!! What a creative kid!

Becky said...

I love the congressman, he looks like Benjamin Franklin.

alcorrea5 said...

I like his biography piece at the end. Never give away too many details! :) Just the basics.