June 20, 2010

Ragnar - Leg 1


I did it!

Let me make a few things clear. I am not a hard core runner. I'm more of a jogger. I run a 10 minute mile.

I was invited to run with some friends and I did it as a way to force myself back into shape, to get back to running which I've done off and on throughout my life.

This was really hard. It was such a challenge for me.

That said, I really had so much fun! I have definitely caught the running bug and can't wait for another race to run in. . .not quite sure if I'm up for anything ragnaresque for quite a while though.

We had to be up in Logan to start the race at 4:45. Once at the starting line, we went through a safety training, and I got on my reflective vest, head lamp and butt lamp. Then at 5:45 I started the race!


Here I am pre-starting line in the van, very nervous:





Here I am at the starting line:


Excuse my geekiness, it was early.

Leg 1 was supposed to be 7.9 miles, but ended up being only 6.8 ish. I finished it in under an hour.

Now on to leg 2. . .





2 comments:

The Dummers said...

Awesome job, Michelle!!!

alcorrea5 said...

Wow!! Who do I admire? You!!! I am very proud of you!!