June 3, 2010

Food


I'm not a foodie. I could totally go without food if it wasn't necessary to survive. When I go to a restaurant I usually get the same thing every time, and it is usually very simple. I usually look forward to the drink as much as the food, if not more. I'm not a fan of meat in general (except, of course, bacon) vegetables, or most fruits. Although I will eat them, I'm not in love with cakes, cookies or donuts. How come I'm not dead or super skinny?

CANDY


CANDY is my thing, and Chips, and SODA.

And orange chicken.

Peeps? Yes, I like them. Candy corns? Yep. Fun Dip? NO.


I have the WORST diet ever.

At one point, all I ate for breakfast was Marshmallow Mateys, and all I ate for dinner was chocolate cake (see, I will eat cake on occasion). Of course this was pre-husband, pre-children.

If a BLT is on the menu at a diner, you better believe that is what I'm ordering. If its not - then a Club will suffice - after I take out the turkey (is that the other meat on a club?)


Swedish fish or Pie? FISHIES always win.


Now I'm paying for it. Jackson is the worst eater, EVER. He loves his milk (thank goodness), and he likes chicken nuggets and hot dogs, although he is also known to chew up a whole mouthful of hot dog and then spit it out with a smile.

Jasper is the best eater - he loves all his veggies, fruits, meats. He's not big into candy. His favorite food is salmon (I didn't try salmon until I was 25). And David loves all foods. Green olives anyone? Yes please, says David.

Where am I going with this? Not sure - I'm just frustrated after another dinner where Jackson ate only Cap'n Crunch.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Totally understand! We must be related or something...

Tina McKinnon said...

Looks like a perfectly balanced diet to me!!! Thanks for fixing my blog for me!!! I love it! xox

Kimber said...

I love it when you order a club with no turkey! When I opened your blog I had just eaten some sugar babies. I have a problem too.

Kandice said...

Good think cereal is fortified! (I have had that thought a lot!) I love peeps and candy corn too--the ultimate sugar rush! We will have to bring fishies instead of Gu for Ragnar. . . . . .

alcorrea5 said...

I have the firm belief that our kids teach us our -- um -- shortcomings? quirks? less desireable qualities? Whatever the phrase. We get a good dose of it. But they also help with our strengeths. Good luck with Jackson, though. I can't wait to meet this cutie!!!

Blaisdell's said...

We can relate! Raegan doesn't eat a lot either. She won't even eat Mac and cheese, hot dogs or chicken nuggets. Aren't those staples for little kids? It is very frustrating. Like Jackson... she loves Milk and drinks it all day long. Maybe that's the problem? Good luck!