June 28, 2010

Ragnar - Legs 2 and 3.

I don't have any other pictures of me in the race. If I get some I'll post them later.

Leg 2 - I ran 8.5 miles downhill and some uphill.


Since it was mostly downhill, I didn't really think it would be very hard - except for the distance. In my head, downhill running = having roller skates on. Not the case! It is easier than uphill or flat, but you still have to run. duh.

It was HARD. And it was hot and the sun was burning and I got a little heat stroke.


Leg 3

After all 6 runners in my van ran their 2nd leg, we passed off our relay baton (neon slap bracelet) to van 2 and headed to an elementary school to sleep on wrestling mats.

By the time we got there there were no more wrestling mats. We ate and then tried sleeping on the hard gym floor. Some of us slept outside on the cold wet grass, some slept in the van.

Staci and I thought we found a gold mine by finding the wrestling room where the floors were not as hard and were kind of gross/squishy. However that room ended up being 84 degrees (there was a thermostat that we couldn't change) and there was a snorer.

I wish I had a picture of staci's tortured/angry glaring eyes. She wanted to kill the snorer. Eventually we got an hour's worth of sleep and headed off to leg 3!

At 3 am ish, I ran my last leg. Leg three was my easiest leg by far! It was 4.8 miles mostly flat. The hard part of leg 3 was the lack of sleep.


Overall, I really had a good time. But if you'd asked me if I wanted to do it again right before my third leg, or on the way home, I might have growled at you, then bit off your fingers.

After I got some rest and my the questionable toenail is still on my toe - I would say - Yes I would do it again - if we could please borrow someone's cabin. :)

I'm proud of myself!!

Now onto the next race . . .



5 comments:

Karen said...

You SHOULD be proud! I think it's amazing!!!

Miss Stace said...

Girl you rocked it! 21 miles!!!!! and YES I almost went to go hit the snorer. I loathed her.

Heather said...

I'm so impressed with both you and Staci! I don't think I'll ever attempt it - esp. after imaging sleeping on the boys gym mat. Sweat imbedded mat. Just saying...

alcorrea5 said...

You are an inspiration!!!

Kandice said...

you did awesome! I will take a disc of pics to your mom's house for you and staci, but kilee got the most, so i will have her do the same!